NetDetector by NIKSUN
Proactive Security Surveillance Solution
NIKSUN's award-winning NetDetector is a full-featured appliance for network security surveillance, signature-based anomaly detection, analytics and forensics. It complements existing network security tools, such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems and switches/routers, to help provide comprehensive defense of hosted intellectual property, mission-critical network services and infrastructure.
NetDetector acts as a security camera and motion detector for your network by continuously capturing and warehousing network traffic (both packets and statistics). It alerts on defined signatures and traffic patterns. Built-in modules provide complementary signature and statistical anomaly detection, thus locating the proverbial "needles" of actionable information in the "haystack" of raw data. Advanced reconstruction capabilities allow for detailed review of web, email, instant messaging, FTP, Telnet, and other application content. NetDetector's highly intuitive web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI) eliminates the need for a special client application.
User-defined Threshold-based Anomaly Detection: Numerous alerts can be customized to any environment. Alerting options include screen pop-ups, email/pager notifications, SNMP traps, custom messages, Syslogs and third party security consoles (e.g., IBM Tivoli Risk Manager, Micromuse NetCool Secure)
Signature-based Intrusion Detection: Integrated internal signature-based IDS and external Cisco Secure IDS
Combined with the NIKSUN Enterprise Solution, NetDetector empowers users with an unprecedented level of enterprise security surveillance and management.
- 100% real-time visibility into the network
- Continuous, in-depth real-time surveillance
- Capture network events the first time and store events for post-event analysis
- Superior drill-down forensic analysis down to packet level
- Signature and statistical anomaly detection
- Advanced reconstruction of web, email, instant messaging, FTP, Telnet, VoIP and other TCP/IP applications
- Powerful string search within application content
- Advanced scheduled and on-demand reporting
- Flexible and secure data export/import, including common third party formats
- Powerful Event Viewer with immediate paths from event to analysis, packet or statistical information, report generation or application reconstruction screen
- Unlimited storage (add as you grow)
- Secure and easy-to-use web interface with Role-Based Access - Control (RBAC)
- Cisco IDS, Micromuse NetCool, IBM/Tivoli Risk Manager and Arcsight integration